Giant beach clean planned at Croyde
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will meet on Sunday to clean up the storm debris at Croyde, with refreshments and hot soup provided.
A GIANT beach clean will be held on Croyde Beach on Sunday to help clear debris left after the storm surge last weekend.
The event has been organised by Croyde Surf Club who has teamed up with Croyde Surf Lifesaving Club, a number of surf schools and beach owners Parkdean.
It follows an impromptu clean up organised via social media last weekend.
Anyone wanting to help a hand can meet at the Ruda end of the beach at 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A message posted on Croyde Surf Club’s website said: “We’ll also have local Surfers Against Sewage rep Claire Moodie on hand hopefully with some SAS goodies.
“We will have hot refreshments on hand and the Thatch Croyde are donating a vat of hot soup, so share and tell friends and family - even passing strangers - that the beach needs their help and lets see how many people we can get involved.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull