Giant beach clean planned at Croyde
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will meet on Sunday to clean up the storm debris at Croyde, with refreshments and hot soup provided.
A GIANT beach clean will be held on Croyde Beach on Sunday to help clear debris left after the storm surge last weekend.
The event has been organised by Croyde Surf Club who has teamed up with Croyde Surf Lifesaving Club, a number of surf schools and beach owners Parkdean.
It follows an impromptu clean up organised via social media last weekend.
Anyone wanting to help a hand can meet at the Ruda end of the beach at 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A message posted on Croyde Surf Club’s website said: “We’ll also have local Surfers Against Sewage rep Claire Moodie on hand hopefully with some SAS goodies.
“We will have hot refreshments on hand and the Thatch Croyde are donating a vat of hot soup, so share and tell friends and family - even passing strangers - that the beach needs their help and lets see how many people we can get involved.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale