Giant beach clean planned at Croyde
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will meet on Sunday to clean up the storm debris at Croyde, with refreshments and hot soup provided.
A GIANT beach clean will be held on Croyde Beach on Sunday to help clear debris left after the storm surge last weekend.
The event has been organised by Croyde Surf Club who has teamed up with Croyde Surf Lifesaving Club, a number of surf schools and beach owners Parkdean.
It follows an impromptu clean up organised via social media last weekend.
Anyone wanting to help a hand can meet at the Ruda end of the beach at 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A message posted on Croyde Surf Club’s website said: “We’ll also have local Surfers Against Sewage rep Claire Moodie on hand hopefully with some SAS goodies.
“We will have hot refreshments on hand and the Thatch Croyde are donating a vat of hot soup, so share and tell friends and family - even passing strangers - that the beach needs their help and lets see how many people we can get involved.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed