Getting on with the debate
SIR - While the Lib Dem Councillor and the Conservative Parliamentary candidate try to point score in the letters page over the fact that neither of their parties will be able to deliver a new North Devon College, or a new college for Chulmleigh for years
SIR - While the Lib Dem Councillor and the Conservative Parliamentary candidate try to point score in the letters page over the fact that neither of their parties will be able to deliver a new North Devon College, or a new college for Chulmleigh for years, the rest of us need to get on with the debate over the nation's finances.
Are we seriously to believe that any of the Lib-Lab-Con parties, whose MPs have been greedily filling their pockets with our money, and who have all got their parties deeply into debt, are capable of running our economy, and getting us out of this recession as quickly as possible?
The answer has to be not a 'cats chance', and no chance at all, as long as they continue to support the EU, which according to the Bruges group, is costing our economy �50 billion a year, including lost jobs.
It would be like fighting a financial firestorm with a bucket full of holes, and throwing the water in the wrong direction.
You may also want to watch:
We all know that there will have to be cuts in public expenditure, but parties which put the EU before the education of our children, will not get my vote.
Michael Pagram, Barnstaple.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton