Getting on with the debate
SIR - While the Lib Dem Councillor and the Conservative Parliamentary candidate try to point score in the letters page over the fact that neither of their parties will be able to deliver a new North Devon College, or a new college for Chulmleigh for years
SIR - While the Lib Dem Councillor and the Conservative Parliamentary candidate try to point score in the letters page over the fact that neither of their parties will be able to deliver a new North Devon College, or a new college for Chulmleigh for years, the rest of us need to get on with the debate over the nation's finances.
Are we seriously to believe that any of the Lib-Lab-Con parties, whose MPs have been greedily filling their pockets with our money, and who have all got their parties deeply into debt, are capable of running our economy, and getting us out of this recession as quickly as possible?
The answer has to be not a 'cats chance', and no chance at all, as long as they continue to support the EU, which according to the Bruges group, is costing our economy �50 billion a year, including lost jobs.
It would be like fighting a financial firestorm with a bucket full of holes, and throwing the water in the wrong direction.
You may also want to watch:
We all know that there will have to be cuts in public expenditure, but parties which put the EU before the education of our children, will not get my vote.
Michael Pagram, Barnstaple.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction