Get your purple on for chemo appeal
Pick a colour – any colour – as long as it’s PURPLE!
CHEMOTHERAPY Appeal supporters will be doing their best to paint North Devon purple tomorrow (Friday).
Around the region, people will be going crazy for the colour during Big Purple Day with a host of colour-themed fund-raising activities to help push the �2.2million appeal towards the magic one million pound milestone.
Staff at North Devon District Hospital will be wearing ribbons and purple clothing on the day, and visitors will be able to purchase ribbons in the shop foyer or from the chemo unit.
At the BIG Sheep family attraction at Abbotsham, a pound from every customer dressed in purple will go towards the appeal, and one lucky sheep will even be sprayed purple to raise awareness before being shorn later that day.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at Tesco Braunton will be dressing in purple attire, and various activities will also be taking place in South Molton’s Sainsbury’s store and Marks and Spencer in Atlantic Village.
In Northam a ‘purple fun day’ will be held with a bouncy castle, glitter tattoos and refreshments at Northam Hall.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
And Gazette staff will be pulling out the purple clothing and selling purple cakes to raise money for the appeal, which currently stands at �885,000.
Unable to hold an event this Friday, the PTA at St Helen’s C of E Primary School in Abbotsham organised a purple non-uniform day and purple-themed cake sale on Wednesday week, raising �254.70.
Fund-raising manager Ian Roome said: “We hope the ‘purple push’ will be a massive boost to help take the appeal over the million mark and almost halfway towards our target.
“It can be anything you like from baking cakes with purple icing to wearing purple wigs – in fact any wacky or fun ideas you can think of with a purple theme.”
Tell us about your purple event: Gazette photographers will be out and about on the day, but we would also love to receive your pictures. Call 01271 345056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org