Get up and running this year
Whether you’re a novice or a marathon runner, there is a free running club for you.
BUDDING runners are being encouraged to join up to a new running scheme for free.
From new mums to retired couples, Torridge District Council is aiming to get as many people as possible up and running this year.
Councillor Andy Boyd, Torridge lead member for health and wellbeing said: “There will be a group for all sorts of runners, whether you have never been on a run before in your life or you were once a 10 mile-a-day enthusiast - we want to be able to find that time for you and help you get back out there.
“Funding is also available for five individuals to gain the relevant coaching badges so that they are able to look after their own group.”
You may also want to watch:
The project will be coordinated by Alan Denyer, a level three athletics coach.
Mr Denyer said: “My main aim is for people to get together and enjoy the benefits of running, it’s free for anyone to take part and I hope that we can help people find an activity they really enjoy and maybe make some new friends as well.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
The runs are open to anyone over 17 who is not already part of a running club or affiliate.
The first runs will take place on February 21 from 9:30am to 10:30am and February 25 from 10:00am to 11:00am, meeting outside the Burton Art Gallery’s Caf� du Parc in Victoria Park, Bideford.
For more information or to put your name down for a run please contact the council’s recreation development officer James Jarroudi on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01237 428737.