Get snappy with nature for wildlife photo competition
DEVON Wildlife Trust is calling for photographers of all ages and abilities to take part in its annual wildlife photographic competition. Photos, which have to be taken at one of the charity s nature reserves, need to be taken before March 31 next year.
DEVON Wildlife Trust is calling for photographers of all ages and abilities to take part in its annual wildlife photographic competition.
Photos, which have to be taken at one of the charity's nature reserves, need to be taken before March 31 next year.
In the past the competition has attracted a range of subjects and encouraged many more people to visit trust wildlife sites, particularly during the summer months.
The winning photographs, together with the names of the photographers, will be published in the charity's Wild Devon magazine which is sent out to its 36,000 members.
You may also want to watch:
Selected entries will also be exhibited around the county in 2010.
The competition is open to amateur photographers and there are four age categories: Under 7, 7-11, 12-16 and adults.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
There is a �2 fee for each photo entry which will go towards nature conservation throughout Devon. There will be first place and runner up prizes for each category.
The competition has been organised by trust volunteer Sandra Willis, who said: "We want everyone to try and visit their local DWT nature reserve in the coming months.
"There are over more than around the county and all are full of interesting subjects to snap. So whether it is a bird, flower, insect, plant, fungi or a scenery shot of riverside, woodland, heath or meadow, why not have a go!"
This year the competition has been sponsored by London Camera Exchange, Tozers, Francis Clark, ROK, William DeBroe, Eggesford Garden Centre and the Moorland Rambler Centre.
The results will be announced in spring next year. For more information about the competition, visit www.devonwildlifetust.org and click on "2009 Photo Competition.