Get snappy and show your pride in Ilfracombe
THE invitation has gone out to capture the essence of Ilfracombe life on camera and to display it for others to see to help promote the town. The Town Council is asking snappers of all ages to point their lenses at the life and picturesque views of the to
THE invitation has gone out to capture the essence of Ilfracombe life on camera and to display it for others to see to help promote the town.
The Town Council is asking snappers of all ages to point their lenses at the life and picturesque views of the town, as the Mayor, Councillor Philip Webb, explained:
"As a council, we have been promoting pride in Ilfracombe for some time. Ilfracombe is visually stunning in so many different ways it's almost difficult to know what to focus on," he said.
"We want to put together a portfolio of photographs that captures the essence of Ilfracombe life, either from the point of view of a local or that of a visitor.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures will be displayed on the Town Council website, on the presentation screen in the Ilfracombe Centre and used to publicise the town in promotional material.
One photograph will get pride of place as a large canvas print in the reception of the centre and all photographs will be attributed to their photographer.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
"We're sure there will be a good response from the public," continued MR Webb.
"The people of Ilfracombe are very passionate about their town and have a real sense of pride in it. We would like to invite entries for certain themes or categories that seem to crop up time and again when we ask people what it is they love about Ilfracombe.
"These are: The maritime, the fresh and wild outdoor experience, the variety of interesting curiosities of the town, discovering a new perspective, the people you recognise and the street you live in. There will also be an open category."
Shutterbugs are invited to get out amongst the natural environment with its majestic scenery, or peruse the ancient streets and interesting architecture, as well as the buzzing harbour or the glorious sunsets.
The council will begin displaying photographs as soon as they arrive and the photograph to be displayed in the centre will be decided at the end of the year from all entries. Photographs must be in jpeg format and can be emailed, along with the photographer's details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.