Get snapping to put rural North Devon in the picture
Entries sought for international photographic competition.
BUDDING photographers are being invited to capture the essence of rural North Devon for an international photographic competition.
The Images of Rural Europe competition has been launched by the European Network for Rural Development to celebrate country life across Europe, and regeneration agency North Devon+ is calling on local people to ensure the region is represented.
North Devon+ has teamed up with the North Devon Gazette to help draw up a shortlist of entries in the five categories of environment; employment; youth; people; and diversity.
Entry is open to all professional and amateur photographers and entrants can submit as many photos as they wish for consideration before the deadline on May 15.
You may also want to watch:
The Leader 4 Local action Group for North Devon and Torridge will decide the final selection for submission.
There are cash prizes up for grabs and the overall winning entries will be published in a hardback book and displayed at a major exhibition tour later this year.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
For more information and entry forms click on the link at the top right of this page.