Get snapping to put rural North Devon in the picture
Entries sought for international photographic competition.
BUDDING photographers are being invited to capture the essence of rural North Devon for an international photographic competition.
The Images of Rural Europe competition has been launched by the European Network for Rural Development to celebrate country life across Europe, and regeneration agency North Devon+ is calling on local people to ensure the region is represented.
North Devon+ has teamed up with the North Devon Gazette to help draw up a shortlist of entries in the five categories of environment; employment; youth; people; and diversity.
Entry is open to all professional and amateur photographers and entrants can submit as many photos as they wish for consideration before the deadline on May 15.
You may also want to watch:
The Leader 4 Local action Group for North Devon and Torridge will decide the final selection for submission.
There are cash prizes up for grabs and the overall winning entries will be published in a hardback book and displayed at a major exhibition tour later this year.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
For more information and entry forms click on the link at the top right of this page.