Get snapping for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
New Fotoworld shop in Barnstaple invites people to prove ‘Life’s a Beach’.
THE new Fotoworld shop in Barnstaple has launched a summer beach competition to raise money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
People of all ages are invited to submit their photographs under the theme ‘Life’s a Beach’, with all entries to be displayed in the window of the new shop in Cross Street.
Entry is £1 and every entrant will get a free eight by six inch print of their photo, will all proceeds to the appeal.
There are two categories - those aged under 16 and over, with a Canon Powershot camera as the prize for the winning younger entry plus a 30 by 20 inch canvas of their picture for the older category winner.
You may also want to watch:
The judges will include North Devon photographer Graham Hobbs and the closing date for entries is August 31.
The company has a shop in Bideford called Getset Design, which offers printing and photographic printing services. The new Barnstaple shop has taken on two local staff, including an apprentice through Petroc and it also offers a Kodak Express service.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
To enter the competition, take your pictures to Fotoworld at 3, Cross Street, call 01237 420370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org