Get snapping for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
New Fotoworld shop in Barnstaple invites people to prove ‘Life’s a Beach’.
THE new Fotoworld shop in Barnstaple has launched a summer beach competition to raise money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
People of all ages are invited to submit their photographs under the theme ‘Life’s a Beach’, with all entries to be displayed in the window of the new shop in Cross Street.
Entry is £1 and every entrant will get a free eight by six inch print of their photo, will all proceeds to the appeal.
There are two categories - those aged under 16 and over, with a Canon Powershot camera as the prize for the winning younger entry plus a 30 by 20 inch canvas of their picture for the older category winner.
You may also want to watch:
The judges will include North Devon photographer Graham Hobbs and the closing date for entries is August 31.
The company has a shop in Bideford called Getset Design, which offers printing and photographic printing services. The new Barnstaple shop has taken on two local staff, including an apprentice through Petroc and it also offers a Kodak Express service.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
To enter the competition, take your pictures to Fotoworld at 3, Cross Street, call 01237 420370 or email email@example.com