Get ready for Ilfracombe Carnival
THERE is still time to hire, make or dust off your costume in time for Ilfracombe carnival on Thursday (August 27.) Floats and walkers for the popular event, organised by Ilfracombe St John Ambulance, will form up at Brimlands by the swimming poo
THERE is still time to hire, make or dust off your costume in time for Ilfracombe carnival on Thursday (August 27.)
Floats and walkers for the popular event, organised by Ilfracombe St John Ambulance, will form up at Brimlands by the swimming pool from 6pm, with judging at 6.30 and moving off at 7.30 to make its way around the town.
Carnival Princess Becky Fisher, aged nine from Ilfracombe Junior School, will be joining the parade together with attendants Beth Scovell, eight and Anna-May Gear, nine, plus Amy Mason, aged seven.
Other activities for carnival week include two car boot sales at the seafront this Saturday and Sunday (August 22 and 23,) and again the following weekend. They begins at 10am on each day and anyone who would like to book a pitch can call the number below.
Ilfracombe's Masonic Lodge will be opening its doors on Sunday to host a luncheon and also provide an opportunity for guests to look around and find out more. The lunch is ticket only and anyone interested can call Bruce Davies on (01271) 863861.
Among the colourful floats from a variety of local organisations and businesses will be the youngsters of the Carnival Summer School workshop organised by North Devon Theatres to give the opportunity for children to work alongside professionals and create their own carnival costume and show.
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief
Call Gail or Graham Moger on (01271) 883018 to book a pitch or for more carnival information.