Get on your marks for Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
Fun runs and swimathons planned in Barnstaple and Bideford.
FUN runners and swimmers in North Devon are being urged to get on their marks for Sport Relief this month.
Events for all ages and abilities are planned in Barnstaple and Bideford – both on land and in the water.
Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Miles are being held in Barnstaple’s Rock Park from 10am, and Bideford’s Victoria Park from 12noon on Sunday March 23.
Both offer a choice of one, three or six mile routes.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Haywood of North Devon Road Runners, organisers of the Rock Park event said: “There will be plenty of fun on the day so don’t forget to rope in your mates, family, boyfriend, girlfriend and colleagues too.”
Meanwhile, swimmers can make a splash for the charity at a swimathon taking place at North Devon Leisure Centre between March 22 and 23.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Individual swimmers or teams of between two and five people can sign up for the sponsored swim – either 1.5km, 2.5km or 5km.
A similar event previously advertised at Ilfracombe Pool has been cancelled due to maintenance problems at the pool.
Since 2002, Sport Relief has raised more than £195million, money spent by Comic Relief to help people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world.
To enter any of the events visit www.sportrelief.com