Get on your bikes with free cycling course
ANYONE who would like to cycle more but opts for the easier choice of taking the car instead is invited to get on their bike next month with two free cycling taster sessions in Ilfracombe. The Get on Your Bike sessions at the Landmark are designed speci
ANYONE who would like to cycle more but opts for the "easier" choice of taking the car instead is invited to get on their bike next month with two free cycling taster sessions in Ilfracombe.
The Get on Your Bike sessions at the Landmark are designed specifically for adults who are occasional cyclists who would like to ride more but feel their skills or confidence might be lacking in some areas.
Examples could include a worry about busy traffic, escorting children safely whilst on the road or even just the prospect of tackling enormous hills!
These questions and many more will be addressed during the events on Saturday, 13 and Saturday, 20 March between 1.30-3pm. The sessions begin and end outside the Landmark.
You may also want to watch:
The course will build-up confidence in cycling and give adults the same experiences as are taught to school children in the nationwide Bikeability scheme.
Learn how to plan a traffic-calmed ride, how to ride safely with children and find out about simple repairs and handy bike accessories for day-to-day use. Sessions are led by both male and female Bikeability accredited instructors.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
At the same time, participants will get fitter as well!
The course is a fun and free reintroduction to cycling. People can take their own bikes along or cycles can be provided if necessary, but must be able to ride and control a bike independently.
To find out more, call (01271) 326071 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.