Get nautical at Clovelly this Sunday
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival this Sunday, July 18. The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a vari
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday, July 18.
The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a variety of attractions and activities for all the family.
These include rousing Devon shanty singers Hanging Johnny, Shake a Leg and Wren Music, plus Professor Goodvibe's Punch and Judy, Zooted Pirate show - with sword fight, cannon ball juggling and a fire finale.
There is also the chance for a little "sea dog" balloon modelling, plus a crabbing competition, arts, craft and food stalls. Costumed characters will be roaming the Clovelly harbour area throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Fresh seafood or a spit roast can be enjoyed on the quay and during the afternoon strawberry and cream teas will be served at the New Inn.
Clovelly Lifeboat House will be open and some of the Old Gaffers Association will be joining the Maritime Festival with their gaff-rigged sailing vessels.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Normal Clovelly admission applies. For more information call (01237) 431781 or visit www.clovelly.co.uk.