Get nautical at Clovelly this Sunday
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival this Sunday, July 18. The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a vari
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday, July 18.
The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a variety of attractions and activities for all the family.
These include rousing Devon shanty singers Hanging Johnny, Shake a Leg and Wren Music, plus Professor Goodvibe's Punch and Judy, Zooted Pirate show - with sword fight, cannon ball juggling and a fire finale.
There is also the chance for a little "sea dog" balloon modelling, plus a crabbing competition, arts, craft and food stalls. Costumed characters will be roaming the Clovelly harbour area throughout the day.
Fresh seafood or a spit roast can be enjoyed on the quay and during the afternoon strawberry and cream teas will be served at the New Inn.
Clovelly Lifeboat House will be open and some of the Old Gaffers Association will be joining the Maritime Festival with their gaff-rigged sailing vessels.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
Normal Clovelly admission applies. For more information call (01237) 431781 or visit www.clovelly.co.uk.