Get nautical at Clovelly this Sunday
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival this Sunday, July 18. The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a vari
NAUTICAL antics, shanties, pirates, sword fights and sea food will all combine to make the perfect summer day out at the Clovelly Maritime Festival on Sunday, July 18.
The event is held in support of the North Devon Hospice and from 10am-5pm there will be a variety of attractions and activities for all the family.
These include rousing Devon shanty singers Hanging Johnny, Shake a Leg and Wren Music, plus Professor Goodvibe's Punch and Judy, Zooted Pirate show - with sword fight, cannon ball juggling and a fire finale.
There is also the chance for a little "sea dog" balloon modelling, plus a crabbing competition, arts, craft and food stalls. Costumed characters will be roaming the Clovelly harbour area throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Fresh seafood or a spit roast can be enjoyed on the quay and during the afternoon strawberry and cream teas will be served at the New Inn.
Clovelly Lifeboat House will be open and some of the Old Gaffers Association will be joining the Maritime Festival with their gaff-rigged sailing vessels.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
Normal Clovelly admission applies. For more information call (01237) 431781 or visit www.clovelly.co.uk.