Get knitting for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Groups invited to hold sponsored ‘chick-knit’ this month.
KNITTING fans are being asked to click to it in aid of North Devon Hospice this month.
The charity is asking groups of knitters and craftspeople to get together to knit hundreds of chicks during its annual Great North Devon Knit-In.
It is hoped that the cute creations produced during two-hour sponsored knit and natter sessions throughout February will make lovely Easter presents for hospice patients and their families.
Hospice spokesperson Rebecca Worth said: “Whether it is friends, family, colleagues or members of a WI, the idea is to get together and enjoy a natter while knitting for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really fun thing to do, and last year more than 70 different groups across the area got together to hold their own Knit-In event.
To register an event or for more information, telephone Rebecca on 01271 347204.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up