Get knitting for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Groups invited to hold sponsored ‘chick-knit’ this month.
KNITTING fans are being asked to click to it in aid of North Devon Hospice this month.
The charity is asking groups of knitters and craftspeople to get together to knit hundreds of chicks during its annual Great North Devon Knit-In.
It is hoped that the cute creations produced during two-hour sponsored knit and natter sessions throughout February will make lovely Easter presents for hospice patients and their families.
Hospice spokesperson Rebecca Worth said: “Whether it is friends, family, colleagues or members of a WI, the idea is to get together and enjoy a natter while knitting for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really fun thing to do, and last year more than 70 different groups across the area got together to hold their own Knit-In event.
To register an event or for more information, telephone Rebecca on 01271 347204.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup