Get-fit course for children in Ilfracombe
A free healthy living course for children in Ilfracombe who want to get fit is starting on September 29. The MEND 7-13 programme (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition – Do It!) is sponsored by Sainsbury s and has already helped families in North Devon kick start a
A free healthy living course for children in Ilfracombe who want to get fit is starting on September 29.
The MEND 7-13 programme (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition - Do It!) is sponsored by Sainsbury's and has already helped families in North Devon kick start a new lifestyle.
A limited number of places valued at up to �400 are available on the course at Ilfracombe Arts Centre. Another course will also be running in Barnstaple.
The programme comprises two-hour sessions held twice a week for 10 weeks and features practical lessons on eating and exercise habits aimed at improving children's fitness, physical activity levels, nutrition and self-esteem.
You may also want to watch:
It is part of a national network of more than 300 courses which have already helped more than 10,000 families improve their diets and activity levels.
Jo Shackleton, the programme manager for Ilfracombe, said: "This is a great time to make some really positive changes as children start the new term back at school.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"The MEND programme shows families ways to make practical, positive changes to what they eat and how to get fitter and more active while having lots of fun.
"What's more, it really works and it's free thanks to sponsorship from Sainsbury's."
To register or to obtain more information, contact MEND on Freephone 0800 230 0263, or go to www,mendcentral.org and click on "Sign up to a MEND Programme."
A parent or carer must accdompany each child to the twice-weekly sessions and places must be booked in advance.