Get-fit course for children in Ilfracombe
A free healthy living course for children in Ilfracombe who want to get fit is starting on September 29. The MEND 7-13 programme (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition – Do It!) is sponsored by Sainsbury s and has already helped families in North Devon kick start a
A free healthy living course for children in Ilfracombe who want to get fit is starting on September 29.
The MEND 7-13 programme (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition - Do It!) is sponsored by Sainsbury's and has already helped families in North Devon kick start a new lifestyle.
A limited number of places valued at up to �400 are available on the course at Ilfracombe Arts Centre. Another course will also be running in Barnstaple.
The programme comprises two-hour sessions held twice a week for 10 weeks and features practical lessons on eating and exercise habits aimed at improving children's fitness, physical activity levels, nutrition and self-esteem.
It is part of a national network of more than 300 courses which have already helped more than 10,000 families improve their diets and activity levels.
Jo Shackleton, the programme manager for Ilfracombe, said: "This is a great time to make some really positive changes as children start the new term back at school.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
"The MEND programme shows families ways to make practical, positive changes to what they eat and how to get fitter and more active while having lots of fun.
"What's more, it really works and it's free thanks to sponsorship from Sainsbury's."
To register or to obtain more information, contact MEND on Freephone 0800 230 0263, or go to www,mendcentral.org and click on "Sign up to a MEND Programme."
A parent or carer must accdompany each child to the twice-weekly sessions and places must be booked in advance.