Get fit campaign gathers pounds for charities
PLENTY of pounds have been shed while the important ones have piled on during the Body Transformation Challenge being run by Barnstaple personal trainer Marc Kent. Marc launched his Get North Devon Fit campaign in the Gazette to not only promote health an
PLENTY of pounds have been shed while the important ones have piled on during the Body Transformation Challenge being run by Barnstaple personal trainer Marc Kent.
Marc launched his Get North Devon Fit campaign in the Gazette to not only promote health and fitness, but to raise money for the Help for Heroes and Devon Air Ambulance charities.
The best part of �2,000 has already been raised and many of those who have signed up to take on his free nutrition and train at home programmes have been delighted with their success so far.
Jackie Bayliss and Marjory Gisbey - who attend Marc's Health and Fitness boot camp at Roundswell - have both lost a stone since the start of the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
As has Beverley Martin, who doesn't attend classes but has been following the programmes at home.
The pounds sterling have been pouring in while the less desirable pounds have been falling off, as Marc reports:
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
"Beverley, Marjory and Jackie have all raised more than �200, while one of my clients incredibly kindly made a one off donation of �500," he said.
"I think it has gone really well, there's more awareness of health and fitness, eating properly and the importance of exercising, but exercising correctly.
"It's generated a lot of interest and feedback around North Devon, even if those people have not actually signed up for the challenge."
The winner of the 12 week Body Transformation Challenge will be the person with the best before and after transformation.
They will get �500, six months unlimited membership at Marc's Boot Camp fitness studio, plus a photo shoot with Andy Casey Photography. Local business have generously donated a number of other prizes.
For a free week's trial at Marc's Roundswell boot camp or to find out more call Marc Kent on 07834 284706 or visit www.personaltrainerbarnstaple.com.