Get fit campaign gathers pounds for charities
PLENTY of pounds have been shed while the important ones have piled on during the Body Transformation Challenge being run by Barnstaple personal trainer Marc Kent. Marc launched his Get North Devon Fit campaign in the Gazette to not only promote health an
PLENTY of pounds have been shed while the important ones have piled on during the Body Transformation Challenge being run by Barnstaple personal trainer Marc Kent.
Marc launched his Get North Devon Fit campaign in the Gazette to not only promote health and fitness, but to raise money for the Help for Heroes and Devon Air Ambulance charities.
The best part of �2,000 has already been raised and many of those who have signed up to take on his free nutrition and train at home programmes have been delighted with their success so far.
Jackie Bayliss and Marjory Gisbey - who attend Marc's Health and Fitness boot camp at Roundswell - have both lost a stone since the start of the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
As has Beverley Martin, who doesn't attend classes but has been following the programmes at home.
The pounds sterling have been pouring in while the less desirable pounds have been falling off, as Marc reports:
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
"Beverley, Marjory and Jackie have all raised more than �200, while one of my clients incredibly kindly made a one off donation of �500," he said.
"I think it has gone really well, there's more awareness of health and fitness, eating properly and the importance of exercising, but exercising correctly.
"It's generated a lot of interest and feedback around North Devon, even if those people have not actually signed up for the challenge."
The winner of the 12 week Body Transformation Challenge will be the person with the best before and after transformation.
They will get �500, six months unlimited membership at Marc's Boot Camp fitness studio, plus a photo shoot with Andy Casey Photography. Local business have generously donated a number of other prizes.
For a free week's trial at Marc's Roundswell boot camp or to find out more call Marc Kent on 07834 284706 or visit www.personaltrainerbarnstaple.com.