Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- Credit: Contributed
This year's Bideford Christmas Light Switch On is partnered with the Calvert Trust Exmoor.
The event will include a sponsored fun run called Race the Reindeer.
The race is open to all ages and abilities - you can walk or run the 1k, 2k or 5k routes. Fancy dress is a must for this event - get yourselves into the Christmas spirit!
It all starts with a warm up at 2.45pm in front of the stage on the quay.
All participants will receive a finishers medal, flashing antlers and a fundraising pack. The money raised in sponsorship will go directly to the Calvert Trust Exmoor.
Calvert Trust Exmoor enables people of all ages with physical, learning, sensory and behavioural disabilities to achieve their potential through adventurous activities.
A spokesperson for the Calvert Trust said: “By taking on challenges, with the help of supportive instructors, our visitors develop new skills, build self-confidence, independence and the resilience to deal with everyday life, which for many is characterised by isolation, depression, discrimination and exclusion.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
“By the time they leave, our visitors’ physical and mental wellbeing has improved as they accomplish far more than they had ever dreamed possible. For many people their visit is the catalyst for huge change - a stay at our centre is life-changing.”