Get digging for Britain!
- Credit: Archant
UK National Sandcastle Competition returns to North Devon this August.
TEAMS and sponsors are being sought for this year’s UK National Sandcastle Competition, taking place on August 11 on Croyde beach.
In a format similar to previous years, teams of six will battle it out for the national title, while raising money for North Devon Hospice.
The year’s event is being organised by North Devon Homes and will also feature a youth challenge for teams of youngsters aged seven to 16.
North Devon Homes’ chief executive, Martyn Gimber, said: “We are really looking forward to the challenge of making this the best sandcastle competition yet.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope the weather will be good, but, regardless, it is sure to be a great day on the beach for everyone.”
Rebecca Worth, from North Devon Hospice’s fundraising team, said: “The UK National Sandcastle Competition is a firm family favourite and we hope lots of teams will come forward and enter.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
“Not only will they have an amazing day out on the beach in front of thousands of spectators, they will also be helping us provide care to local people who really need our support.”
For more information visit www.sandcastle.org.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org