Get digging for Britain!
- Credit: Archant
UK National Sandcastle Competition returns to North Devon this August.
TEAMS and sponsors are being sought for this year’s UK National Sandcastle Competition, taking place on August 11 on Croyde beach.
In a format similar to previous years, teams of six will battle it out for the national title, while raising money for North Devon Hospice.
The year’s event is being organised by North Devon Homes and will also feature a youth challenge for teams of youngsters aged seven to 16.
North Devon Homes’ chief executive, Martyn Gimber, said: “We are really looking forward to the challenge of making this the best sandcastle competition yet.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope the weather will be good, but, regardless, it is sure to be a great day on the beach for everyone.”
Rebecca Worth, from North Devon Hospice’s fundraising team, said: “The UK National Sandcastle Competition is a firm family favourite and we hope lots of teams will come forward and enter.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
“Not only will they have an amazing day out on the beach in front of thousands of spectators, they will also be helping us provide care to local people who really need our support.”
For more information visit www.sandcastle.org.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org