Get broken gadgets fixed for free in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Repair It event is part of the 361 Energy Fair on Sunday, November 6 at Barnstaple Pannier Market
Get your broken electrical items and gadgets fixed for free at a special Repair It event being held alongside the 361 Energy Fair in Barnstaple this Sunday, November 6.
People can bring along broken appliances, including computers, to be fixed by local menders at no cost on a first come, first served basis.
It runs from 10am-1pm, though the fair will continue until 4pm.
For safety reasons, it is not possible to fix CRT televisions or monitors, electric blankets or microwaves.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Croft, Re-use Project co-ordinator said: “Local businesses and community members with the right technical knowledge are amazingly supportive of these events and contribute their time voluntarily.
“We’re delighted to have local IT repair businesses; Computers Barnstaple and OPC-Computers on board alongside electrical appliance repair business, FIXIT.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
“Research shows that more than 75 per cent of the small electrical items that come into recycling centres could be back up and running if they were repaired. These events are designed to help householders waste less and enable them to save money and resources by not having to replace something broken.”