Get back in your pram for Appledore pushcart race!
APPLEDORE pram race is back – but now re-named Appledore pushcart race. First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village s annual carnival. It will be run again on Ju
APPLEDORE pram race is back - but now re-named Appledore pushcart race.
First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village's annual carnival.
It will be run again on July 3, 8pm. The carnival is August 16.
There is a new trophy, donated by race sponsor Tom Harris, who was one of those who donated the original trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Racers will mount their pushcarts - carriages with four wheels, but no engine - and be pushed by their partners from pub to pub, from the Royal George in Irsha Street to The Beaver, the Seagate Hotel, the Social Club, Coach and Horses and finish at the Royal in Market Street.
Racers will be in fancy dress and each contestant will be required to drink half-a-pint in each pub.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station