Get back in your pram for Appledore pushcart race!
APPLEDORE pram race is back – but now re-named Appledore pushcart race. First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village s annual carnival. It will be run again on Ju
APPLEDORE pram race is back - but now re-named Appledore pushcart race.
First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village's annual carnival.
It will be run again on July 3, 8pm. The carnival is August 16.
There is a new trophy, donated by race sponsor Tom Harris, who was one of those who donated the original trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Racers will mount their pushcarts - carriages with four wheels, but no engine - and be pushed by their partners from pub to pub, from the Royal George in Irsha Street to The Beaver, the Seagate Hotel, the Social Club, Coach and Horses and finish at the Royal in Market Street.
Racers will be in fancy dress and each contestant will be required to drink half-a-pint in each pub.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 7 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip