Get back in your pram for Appledore pushcart race!
APPLEDORE pram race is back – but now re-named Appledore pushcart race. First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village s annual carnival. It will be run again on Ju
APPLEDORE pram race is back - but now re-named Appledore pushcart race.
First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village's annual carnival.
It will be run again on July 3, 8pm. The carnival is August 16.
There is a new trophy, donated by race sponsor Tom Harris, who was one of those who donated the original trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Racers will mount their pushcarts - carriages with four wheels, but no engine - and be pushed by their partners from pub to pub, from the Royal George in Irsha Street to The Beaver, the Seagate Hotel, the Social Club, Coach and Horses and finish at the Royal in Market Street.
Racers will be in fancy dress and each contestant will be required to drink half-a-pint in each pub.
- 1 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 2 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 3 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling