Get back in your pram for Appledore pushcart race!
APPLEDORE pram race is back – but now re-named Appledore pushcart race. First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village s annual carnival. It will be run again on Ju
APPLEDORE pram race is back - but now re-named Appledore pushcart race.
First started 40 years ago, the race fell by the wayside a decade ago. It has been resurrected to herald and raise funds for the village's annual carnival.
It will be run again on July 3, 8pm. The carnival is August 16.
There is a new trophy, donated by race sponsor Tom Harris, who was one of those who donated the original trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Racers will mount their pushcarts - carriages with four wheels, but no engine - and be pushed by their partners from pub to pub, from the Royal George in Irsha Street to The Beaver, the Seagate Hotel, the Social Club, Coach and Horses and finish at the Royal in Market Street.
Racers will be in fancy dress and each contestant will be required to drink half-a-pint in each pub.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president