George’s campaign goes from strength to strength
First steps appeal raises �21k in just over a month.
BRAUNTON parents hoping to send their four-year-old son to America for a life-changing operation have raised nearly half the amount needed.
In just over a month, donations to the George’s First Steps campaign have topped �21,000.
Nicki and Gary Palmer hope to be able to raise �55,000 to enable cerebral palsy sufferer George to undergo selective dorsal rhizotomy surgery at the St Louis Children’s Hospital, in Missouri.
If successful the surgery could give him the chance of walking unaided for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
The efforts continue on Sunday with a special fund-raising celebration afternoon at the George Hotel.
The fun starts at 3pm with an auction, raffle and live music by local singer-songwriters Steve Ley and Dean Warmington.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
Basket food, teas and coffees will be available, with all proceeds going to George’s First Steps fund.
To donate or find out more about the campaign, visit www.georgesfirststeps.com, visit the Facebook page, George’s First Steps or email mum Nicki direct at email@example.com