George’s campaign goes from strength to strength
First steps appeal raises �21k in just over a month.
BRAUNTON parents hoping to send their four-year-old son to America for a life-changing operation have raised nearly half the amount needed.
In just over a month, donations to the George’s First Steps campaign have topped �21,000.
Nicki and Gary Palmer hope to be able to raise �55,000 to enable cerebral palsy sufferer George to undergo selective dorsal rhizotomy surgery at the St Louis Children’s Hospital, in Missouri.
If successful the surgery could give him the chance of walking unaided for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
The efforts continue on Sunday with a special fund-raising celebration afternoon at the George Hotel.
The fun starts at 3pm with an auction, raffle and live music by local singer-songwriters Steve Ley and Dean Warmington.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
Basket food, teas and coffees will be available, with all proceeds going to George’s First Steps fund.
To donate or find out more about the campaign, visit www.georgesfirststeps.com, visit the Facebook page, George’s First Steps or email mum Nicki direct at firstname.lastname@example.org