Generous stranger comes to the rescue
- Credit: Archant
The Facebook user played Good Samaritan after three-year-old’s bike was stolen.
A BARNSTAPLE woman has thanked a kind-hearted stranger after he replaced her grandson’s stolen bike.
Three-year-old Dante Pascall was heartbroken when his prized bike went missing from outside of his grandmother’s home in Raleigh Meadow.
After searching high and low for it, Kathy Thompson put out a plea on the ‘Items for Sale in Barnstaple’ Facebook group urging others to keep an eye out.
But when a similar bike went up for sale on the group, Kathy was astounded when a generous user, who asked the Gazette to remain anonymous, purchased it for Dante.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I didn’t want to take it at first but another member told me not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
“He’s been attached to that bike since he got it - the other morning hw was up at 5am trying to ride it.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
“I still can’t believe what nice people there are out there and I am so grateful to that man for doing this. I just want to say a huge thank you.”