Generous stranger comes to the rescue
- Credit: Archant
The Facebook user played Good Samaritan after three-year-old’s bike was stolen.
A BARNSTAPLE woman has thanked a kind-hearted stranger after he replaced her grandson’s stolen bike.
Three-year-old Dante Pascall was heartbroken when his prized bike went missing from outside of his grandmother’s home in Raleigh Meadow.
After searching high and low for it, Kathy Thompson put out a plea on the ‘Items for Sale in Barnstaple’ Facebook group urging others to keep an eye out.
But when a similar bike went up for sale on the group, Kathy was astounded when a generous user, who asked the Gazette to remain anonymous, purchased it for Dante.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I didn’t want to take it at first but another member told me not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
“He’s been attached to that bike since he got it - the other morning hw was up at 5am trying to ride it.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
“I still can’t believe what nice people there are out there and I am so grateful to that man for doing this. I just want to say a huge thank you.”