Gazette readers win VIP tickets to pannier market party
Competition winners will meet Radio 1 DJ at spectacular party on Saturday.
THREE lucky North Devon Gazette winners have won VIP tickets to Barnstaple’s Party in the Pannier this Saturday.
Claire Sansom, Jeremy Herbert and Nic Bellew, all from Barnstaple, have each won a pair of “golden” tickets entitling them and a guest to free entry, a food and drink voucher and the chance to meet the guest Radio 1 DJ Aled Haydn Jones, from the Chris Moyles Show.
The guest star will be topping a magical bill of entertainment in the historic market, which is being given a spectacular winter make-over complete with Christmas trees and fake snow.
The market is being split in two, with one half being reserved for the stage, lighting and dance area. The other will be packed full of bars and lounge areas featuring some of Barnstaple’s brightest and best bars, restaurants and catering firms. Lilico’s will be providing the main bar while Shintori will be mixing cocktails in a separate wine bar area. There will also be an oxygen bar for partygoers in search of a lighter way to refresh.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 8pm to 12.30am, with other entertainment provided by local DJ James Chapple, stage dancers, stilt walkers, human statues, stilt walkers and jugglers.
An in-house photographer will be on hand to capture all the magic and Santa Claus and Mrs Claus, together with their elves, are also be rumoured to be making an appearance.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
“This is a first for Barnstaple Pannier Market – nothing like this has ever been done before,” said co-organiser Grace Brown of Green Pea Event Planning.
“We hope people will come and make history with us at a fantastic night out in the market.”
Entry is by ticket only, and available for over-18s only, from Lilico’s, Shintori or www.greenpeaevents.co.uk