Gazette readers give a gift to local food banks
- Credit: Archant
Readers donate Christmas items to give to families in crisis.
GENEROUS Gazette readers have been donating Christmas extras to our Give a Christmas Gift food bank appeal this week.
We’ve teamed up with Northern Devon Foodbank to help put a few special extras on the tables of some of our most needy families during the festive season.
In the three weeks leading up to Christmas, food banks in Barnstaple, Bideford and South Molton will be handing out more than 250 Christmas food parcels for people in crisis.
They have drawn up a shopping list of Christmas items they’d like to offer clients alongside their regular parcel of essential food items.
You may also want to watch:
Extras such as mince pies, tinned ham, a box of biscuits or Christmas crackers could make a small difference to families facing big financial pressures.
The first donation arrived at our office in Old Station Road, Barnstaple within two hours of the paper hitting the streets on Wednesday.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
Between now and December 18, readers can also drop off any of the items listed below at any food bank in Barnstaple, Bideford or South Molton; branches of Barclays Bank in Bideford or Torrington, or the Halifax in Barnstaple High Street.