Gas sets off Braunton carbon monoxide detector
GAS was discovered at a home in Braunton yesterday (Wednesday) after it triggered a carbon monoxide alarm.
A Fire crew from Braunton plus a crew and the gas detector from Barnstaple were called out to the domestic property in Abbotts Hill just after 7pm.
Fire fighters discovered a low gas reading on the first floor, ventilating the area and isolating the gas supply.
A representative from British Gas was called in to attend and advice provided by a Hazardous Materials and Environmental Protection Officer.
The fire service said the occupiers had all been out of the property when crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Carbon monoxide is known as “the silent killer” and to find out more about fitting detectors in your home, or for any fire safety advice, contact (01392) 872288 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton