Gas scare at village home

House evacuated following carbon monoxide alarm.

FIREFIGHTERS suspect a chimney at a neighbouring property activated a carbon monoxide alarm at a home in Buckland Brewer.

The property was evacuated at around 11.30 last night (Wednesday) and crews Bideford and Holsworthy used a gas detection monitor to check the home was safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter