Gas scare at Bideford home

Carbon monoxide leak triggers alarm at terraced house.

TRACE readings of carbon monoxide triggered an alarm at a home in Bideford yesterday afternoon (Sunday).

Two fire appliances from the town and the gas detector from Barnstaple were called to the incident in Brecon Close, East-the-Water at around 2pm.

Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the terraced home and surveyed the property using a gas analyser. They advised the occupant to arrange for a gas engineer to attend.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus