Gas alert in Barnstaple

FIRE crews were called to a property at Brannams Square in Barnstaple yesterday (Thursday) after a carbon monoxide alarm was triggered.

Arriving just after 8.30pm, two fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus went inside the property with a gas detector and found a small amount of the toxic gas present.

They isolated the boiler and advised the occupier to contact a domestic heating engineer.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter