Garden party in aid of historic Eggesford church
THE beautiful landscaped gardens of The Old Glebe in Eggesford will be the setting for a Grand Garden Fete which takes place from 2pm to 5.30pm on Saturday of next week, May 22.. The gardens are well known for the fabulous collection of rhododendrons an
THE beautiful landscaped gardens of The Old Glebe in Eggesford will be the setting for a Grand Garden Fete which takes place from 2pm to 5.30pm on Saturday of next week, May 22..
The gardens are well known for the fabulous collection of rhododendrons and azaleas and should be looking splendid at this time of year.
With a wide range of attractions including craft, plants and produce stalls, a bouncy castle and traditional fun and games such as skittles, bash the rat and the incredible human fruit machine, there is sure to be something that will appeal to the whole family.
To make the afternoon go with a swing there will be musical entertainment from some of North Devon's finest young musicians as members of YMS (Young Musician Support) will be playing throughout the afternoon. YMS is a charity that provides support for talented young musicians in North Devon and they will also benefit from this fund raising event.
You may also want to watch:
More entertainment is guaranteed as Winkleigh Morris dancers will also be performing. Refreshments will be available including delicious Dunstaple Farm ice-cream.
Funds raised from the event will go towards maintaining the historic All Saints Church at Eggesford. Entrance to the fete is free but there will be small charge for car parking.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The Old Glebe is just off the A377 Exeter to Barnstaple Road at Eggesford Station. The Old Glebe is approx half-a-mile from Eggesford Garden & Country Centre
For further information please contact Derrick Dyer at Eggesford Garden Centre - 01769 580250