Garden centre wall flowers bloom on catwalk
Staff take to the run way in memory of colleague at charity fashion show
GARDEN centre staff swapped raised beds for the runway at a special charity fashion show.
Workers taking to the catwalk at Trelawney Garden Centre, Ashford, discovered modelling talents they never knew they had at the well-attended event held in memory of a colleague who died from cancer earlier this year.
Manager, Caroline Howell-Williams, said: “Tragically losing a member of staff to cancer this year made all the staff keen to participate and the energy and enthusiasm they put into the event made it a really special evening.”
The event was held to raise money for Children’s Hospice South West and Cancer Research and raffle prize money and ticket sales were added to the growing pot of funds to be divided between the two charities at the end of the financial year.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Puckey, head of fund-raising at Little Bridge House, said Children’s Hospice South West was delighted to be joint beneficiary for the event.
“Staff fund-raising in memory of a loved member of their team for local children and families makes this event extra special,” she said.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 9 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton