Gamers flock to midnight Xbox One launch in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people began queuing hours before the anticipated midnight launch of the new Xbox One console.
HUNDREDS of avid North Devon gamers flocked to stores around the area to queue for the new Xbox One games console last night (Thurs).
The eagerly anticipated console was launched at midnight and around 150 people queued outside Game on Barnstaple High Street to pick one up.
David Tyzack, from Barnstaple, began waiting for his console at 5pm and was the second person to get hold of the Xbox One from the Game store.
He said: “I got my console at exactly 12.01am.
You may also want to watch:
“I started queuing just before 5pm, it was me and five other guys up until after 10.30pm and then the queue rapidly got bigger.
“There were about 150 people at least.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
“My Xbox One is running perfectly and I’m having great fun with it.”
The console was only available to pre-order due to demand and costs £429.99. It is going up against the Playstation 4 which will be released in the UK next week.
Did you queue for the Xbox One last night? Send your photos to email@example.com.