Gamers flock to midnight Xbox One launch in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people began queuing hours before the anticipated midnight launch of the new Xbox One console.
HUNDREDS of avid North Devon gamers flocked to stores around the area to queue for the new Xbox One games console last night (Thurs).
The eagerly anticipated console was launched at midnight and around 150 people queued outside Game on Barnstaple High Street to pick one up.
David Tyzack, from Barnstaple, began waiting for his console at 5pm and was the second person to get hold of the Xbox One from the Game store.
He said: “I got my console at exactly 12.01am.
You may also want to watch:
“I started queuing just before 5pm, it was me and five other guys up until after 10.30pm and then the queue rapidly got bigger.
“There were about 150 people at least.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“My Xbox One is running perfectly and I’m having great fun with it.”
The console was only available to pre-order due to demand and costs £429.99. It is going up against the Playstation 4 which will be released in the UK next week.
Did you queue for the Xbox One last night? Send your photos to email@example.com.