Galloping granddad rides again
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event. This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that s
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event.
This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that supports and campaigns for children and adults who are deaf and blind.
Ian, who rides out of Roylands stables, Moor Lane, Croyde, will be accompanied by Vicki Greenaway. Simon Maddocks, the owner of the stables, has donated the hire cost of the horse, called Kelly, and transportation to Exmoor.
If anyone would like to sponsor Ian please send a cheque made payable to SENSE to 41 Hazel Avenue, Braunton EX33 2EZ or visit HTTP://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Mortimore-Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Tuesday, September 15 and while this is not an organised ride, should anyone wish to follow Ian (albeit on their own riding insurance), either for support or to raise money for SENSE they are more than welcome to do so.
For more details of the route, call 07791589613 or email; email@example.com. nearer the time.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody