Galloping granddad rides again
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event. This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that s
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event.
This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that supports and campaigns for children and adults who are deaf and blind.
Ian, who rides out of Roylands stables, Moor Lane, Croyde, will be accompanied by Vicki Greenaway. Simon Maddocks, the owner of the stables, has donated the hire cost of the horse, called Kelly, and transportation to Exmoor.
If anyone would like to sponsor Ian please send a cheque made payable to SENSE to 41 Hazel Avenue, Braunton EX33 2EZ or visit HTTP://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Mortimore-Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Tuesday, September 15 and while this is not an organised ride, should anyone wish to follow Ian (albeit on their own riding insurance), either for support or to raise money for SENSE they are more than welcome to do so.
For more details of the route, call 07791589613 or email; email@example.com. nearer the time.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course