Galloping granddad rides again
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event. This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that s
IT IS several years since The Galloping Granddad (also known as Ian Mortimore-Jackson) undertook his first charity horse riding event.
This year he is undertaking a 26-mile ride across Exmoor in aid of SENSE, which is the leading national charity that supports and campaigns for children and adults who are deaf and blind.
Ian, who rides out of Roylands stables, Moor Lane, Croyde, will be accompanied by Vicki Greenaway. Simon Maddocks, the owner of the stables, has donated the hire cost of the horse, called Kelly, and transportation to Exmoor.
If anyone would like to sponsor Ian please send a cheque made payable to SENSE to 41 Hazel Avenue, Braunton EX33 2EZ or visit HTTP://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Mortimore-Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Tuesday, September 15 and while this is not an organised ride, should anyone wish to follow Ian (albeit on their own riding insurance), either for support or to raise money for SENSE they are more than welcome to do so.
For more details of the route, call 07791589613 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org. nearer the time.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton