Future of EU farming to be discussed in South Molton
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week. Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon s far
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week.
Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon's farming community as part of a tour of the West Country.
Mr Agnew will raise the question of the future of Common Agricultural Policy subsidies, as well as the EU's controversial Climate Change agenda. He will also talk about soya protein for feed, GM-fed meat and the affects on agriculture of the six EU Treaties, which have led to the current CAP regime.
Mr Agnew, who was elected to the European Parliament for UKIP in June, farms in Norfolk with 22,000 free range chickens, 500 ewes and 400 arable acres.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting at South Molton Rugby Club, takes place on Friday, October 30, starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners