Future of EU farming to be discussed in South Molton
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week. Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon s far
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week.
Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon's farming community as part of a tour of the West Country.
Mr Agnew will raise the question of the future of Common Agricultural Policy subsidies, as well as the EU's controversial Climate Change agenda. He will also talk about soya protein for feed, GM-fed meat and the affects on agriculture of the six EU Treaties, which have led to the current CAP regime.
Mr Agnew, who was elected to the European Parliament for UKIP in June, farms in Norfolk with 22,000 free range chickens, 500 ewes and 400 arable acres.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting at South Molton Rugby Club, takes place on Friday, October 30, starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone