Future of EU farming to be discussed in South Molton
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week. Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon s far
THE future of farming will be on the agenda at a special meeting taking place in South Molton next week.
Stuart Agnew MEP, an NFU Council member and a member of the EU Agriculture and Rural Development Committee, is to address members of North Devon's farming community as part of a tour of the West Country.
Mr Agnew will raise the question of the future of Common Agricultural Policy subsidies, as well as the EU's controversial Climate Change agenda. He will also talk about soya protein for feed, GM-fed meat and the affects on agriculture of the six EU Treaties, which have led to the current CAP regime.
Mr Agnew, who was elected to the European Parliament for UKIP in June, farms in Norfolk with 22,000 free range chickens, 500 ewes and 400 arable acres.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting at South Molton Rugby Club, takes place on Friday, October 30, starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president