Future of community services
WITH many voluntary and community groups likely to be affected by forthcoming changes to commissioning of services and funding, Torridge Voluntary Services and North Devon Voluntary Services have jointly organised an information and networking day to help groups to understand and face the uncertain funding climate.
The event will take place at the Whiddon Valley Community Centre in Barnstaple from 10am to 1.30pm on December 15.
It aims to bring organisations up to date with the changing landscape for health and social care provision, statutory funding and the role of the voluntary sector in this new context.
As well as providing information about the changing funding environment, the event will also help organisations that want to work in partnership and those that wish to understand how best to demonstrate the value of what they do to funders.
It will also be an opportunity to share ideas about training and support that local groups may need and about how best the voluntary and community sector can continue to support local communities.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also mark the launch of the Facing the Future project – a programme of training and support activities for local groups, which is funded by the Leader 4 programme.
It is being organised with the help of a range of partners from the Devon Association of CVS and with representatives from Devon County Council and NHS Devon in attendance.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
To book a place or for more information contact Jenny Fish, TTVS, 14 Bridgeland Street, Bideford, EX39 2QE, Tel/Fax (01237) 420134 or e-mail : email@example.com