Fury after new homes ad puts village in the wrong county
- Credit: Archant
Fremington, Cornwall... Villagers’ anger as Fremington Army Camp homes advert puts proposed development ‘on the Cornish sea’...
AN advert for 277 proposed new homes on the site of Fremington Army Camp has raised the wrath of locals after it promised ‘a waterside development… set overlooking the Cornish sea’.
Despite the advert on the website of Bovis Homes, planning permission hasn’t yet been granted and the decision is expected to be heard at appeal towards the end of May.
Councillor Frank Biederman said he found the advertising ‘in poor taste’.
“It just shows what they know about our village, it makes me feel sick,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The community has never really objected to the homes, they just wanted a safe access and the amenity of the village not to be ruined. Some say it is a done deal and it will happen - seeing this, you can see why they feel that way.”
The plans submitted by Fremington Developments LLP were turned down by North Devon Council in November on highways grounds, prompting the developer to appeal.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
Update: Bovis Homes has since reworded the advert on its website to read ‘Located in the picturesque village of Fremington, not far from Barnstaple, Waterside promises great views of the surrounding countryside and is close to the estuary. It also has easy access to other attractive Devon towns along the coastal and country roads’.
It does however still mention the development is ‘near Barnstaple, Bideford, Launceston, Croyde...’.