Further Tarka Line closures announced for this month
- Credit: Archant
A replacement bus service will run during the two closures, with the first beginning Sunday.
NETWORK Rail has announced further closures on the Barnstaple to Exeter Tarka line this month.
Two short closures are being put in place while vital improvement work is carried out.
The first closure will be between Barnstaple and Crediton, with the line closed from 11pm on Sunday and reopening at 3pm on Wednesday, March 13.
First Great Western will be operating a bus replacement service between Crediton and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
The second closure will take place on Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24.
Buses will replace trains between Barnstaple and Exeter during this time and engineers undertake further work in the Umberleigh area.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Tim Maddocks, Network Rail customer service manager for the West Country, said: “Working with First Great Western, we’ve been able to plan this vital work in a way that avoids the busy Easter weekend.
“We would like to thank passengers for their patience while we complete these essential improvement works to make the Tarka line safer, smoother and more reliable.”