Further Tarka Line closures announced for this month
- Credit: Archant
A replacement bus service will run during the two closures, with the first beginning Sunday.
NETWORK Rail has announced further closures on the Barnstaple to Exeter Tarka line this month.
Two short closures are being put in place while vital improvement work is carried out.
The first closure will be between Barnstaple and Crediton, with the line closed from 11pm on Sunday and reopening at 3pm on Wednesday, March 13.
First Great Western will be operating a bus replacement service between Crediton and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
The second closure will take place on Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24.
Buses will replace trains between Barnstaple and Exeter during this time and engineers undertake further work in the Umberleigh area.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
Tim Maddocks, Network Rail customer service manager for the West Country, said: “Working with First Great Western, we’ve been able to plan this vital work in a way that avoids the busy Easter weekend.
“We would like to thank passengers for their patience while we complete these essential improvement works to make the Tarka line safer, smoother and more reliable.”