Fundraiser for new equine charity
- Credit: Archant
North Devon charity will help rehome horses and ponies in need.
A NEW rescue centre for horses and ponies is hosting a fundraising event on November 16 in Barnstaple.
Ann Sim, of North Devon Equine Rescue, said the centre already has 12 horses and ponies resident due to neglect, abuse and change of circumstances.
She said: “We have recently set up our organisation in a beautiful location just on side skirts of Barnstaple.
“We will be running our equine rescue solely on donations and sponsors and our aim is to offer warmth, food and a kind hand to help our equine friends find their forever, loving, long term homes.
You may also want to watch:
“All over the country all rescue centres have reached their highest levels of intake and I’m hoping too take the pressure off.
“We will insure they go on too they best of homes by adoption only with regular checks to safe guard their future.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
The charity is also looking for long term sponsors for one of its long term residents who is blind and very nervous of human contact.
North Devon Equine Rescue will be hosting an equine sale at St John’s Community Hall next to the Rose Lane Tesco store on November 16.
Sellers can arrive from 11.30am and buyers from midday until 2pm. There are 40 tables available, to pre book call Ann on 07970 998447.