Funding for First Fridays
- Credit: Archant
Councillor awards £500 to community group providing monthly events in Bideford.
A COUNCILLOR has given half of her annual grant allowance to help fund Bideford’s First Fridays and Culture Show.
Torridge District Councillor Pauline Davies awarded £500 to the Bideford Bay Creatives for the community run events on the first Friday of every month.
Sadie Green, chairman of Bideford Bay Creatives said: “It was wonderful to get the grant which has enabled us to buy our own equipment for the musicians to play and also a lovely new gazebo to perform under.
“The new items create more of an event feel and give us more of a presence on Mill Street.”
The events include live music, food and drink promotions and a number of activities.
“I’m really pleased the £500 grant has allowed the First Fridays event to flourish,” said Cllr Davies.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
“It’s a great event for the town and shows off local talent at the same time.”
Anyone interested in applying for a community grant can contact their ward councillor, or Torridge’s community development officer, on 01237 428756 or e-mail email@example.com.