Funding for First Fridays
- Credit: Archant
Councillor awards £500 to community group providing monthly events in Bideford.
A COUNCILLOR has given half of her annual grant allowance to help fund Bideford’s First Fridays and Culture Show.
Torridge District Councillor Pauline Davies awarded £500 to the Bideford Bay Creatives for the community run events on the first Friday of every month.
Sadie Green, chairman of Bideford Bay Creatives said: “It was wonderful to get the grant which has enabled us to buy our own equipment for the musicians to play and also a lovely new gazebo to perform under.
“The new items create more of an event feel and give us more of a presence on Mill Street.”
You may also want to watch:
The events include live music, food and drink promotions and a number of activities.
“I’m really pleased the £500 grant has allowed the First Fridays event to flourish,” said Cllr Davies.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“It’s a great event for the town and shows off local talent at the same time.”
Anyone interested in applying for a community grant can contact their ward councillor, or Torridge’s community development officer, on 01237 428756 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.