Funding for First Fridays
- Credit: Archant
Councillor awards £500 to community group providing monthly events in Bideford.
A COUNCILLOR has given half of her annual grant allowance to help fund Bideford’s First Fridays and Culture Show.
Torridge District Councillor Pauline Davies awarded £500 to the Bideford Bay Creatives for the community run events on the first Friday of every month.
Sadie Green, chairman of Bideford Bay Creatives said: “It was wonderful to get the grant which has enabled us to buy our own equipment for the musicians to play and also a lovely new gazebo to perform under.
“The new items create more of an event feel and give us more of a presence on Mill Street.”
You may also want to watch:
The events include live music, food and drink promotions and a number of activities.
“I’m really pleased the £500 grant has allowed the First Fridays event to flourish,” said Cllr Davies.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
“It’s a great event for the town and shows off local talent at the same time.”
Anyone interested in applying for a community grant can contact their ward councillor, or Torridge’s community development officer, on 01237 428756 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.