Funding available for town and parish councils
- Credit: Archant
The £56k pot aims to encourage parishes to work together on projects.
A FUNDING pot of more than £56,000 is available to town and parish councils to encourage them to work together.
The Town and Parish (TAP) Fund is available to parishes that can show they are working in partnership with each other.
The fund was launched by Devon County Council and is managed locally by Torridge District Council.
Devon County Council has pledged £1 per elector which has been topped up by 10p per elector by Torridge District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Philip Collins, leader of Torridge, said: “We want to see local parishes working together for the benefit of all, sharing ideas and improving their communities.
“The money will only be there until next April, so I urge parishes to get their applications in sooner rather than later.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
For more information contact Malcolm Harris on 01237 428756 or email Malcolm.firstname.lastname@example.org.