Funding available for Devon heart projects
PROJECTS in Devon which promote healthy lifestyles or improve the lives of heart patients and their carers could benefit from a grant of up to �2,000 from the British Heart Foundation (BHF). The charity is inviting applications to its Help a Heart Grant
PROJECTS in Devon which promote healthy lifestyles or improve the lives of heart patients and their carers could benefit from a grant of up to �2,000 from the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
The charity is inviting applications to its Help a Heart Grant programme which makes funding available to groups who promote healthier lifestyles or support heart patients and their carers. Awards of between �300 and �2,000 can be made to voluntary and community groups.
Grants have been used by local groups to develop online support for heart patients and improve access to information. Funds have also been used to run a swimming programme to promote physical activity to groups of young carers, as well as programmes that help heart patients and their carers manage stress.
Lisa Purcell, Heart Health Project Manager at the BHF, said: "There are lots of projects across the country doing fantastic work to promote healthier lifestyles or improve the quality of life for heart patients.
You may also want to watch:
"The Help a Heart Grant scheme aims to support projects which are often working in really creative ways to help them continue their work or start-up new schemes."
The BHF is the nation's heart charity and provides information to help people reduce their risk of dying prematurely from a heart or circulatory related illness. The charity produces publications, videos and other materials to inform people about how to improve the health of their heart through public information campaigns, advertising and the media.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
For more information on the Help a Heart Grant programme visit www.bhf.org.uk/helpaheartgrant or call 020 7554 0426.