Funding available for Devon heart projects
PROJECTS in Devon which promote healthy lifestyles or improve the lives of heart patients and their carers could benefit from a grant of up to �2,000 from the British Heart Foundation (BHF). The charity is inviting applications to its Help a Heart Grant
PROJECTS in Devon which promote healthy lifestyles or improve the lives of heart patients and their carers could benefit from a grant of up to �2,000 from the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
The charity is inviting applications to its Help a Heart Grant programme which makes funding available to groups who promote healthier lifestyles or support heart patients and their carers. Awards of between �300 and �2,000 can be made to voluntary and community groups.
Grants have been used by local groups to develop online support for heart patients and improve access to information. Funds have also been used to run a swimming programme to promote physical activity to groups of young carers, as well as programmes that help heart patients and their carers manage stress.
Lisa Purcell, Heart Health Project Manager at the BHF, said: "There are lots of projects across the country doing fantastic work to promote healthier lifestyles or improve the quality of life for heart patients.
You may also want to watch:
"The Help a Heart Grant scheme aims to support projects which are often working in really creative ways to help them continue their work or start-up new schemes."
The BHF is the nation's heart charity and provides information to help people reduce their risk of dying prematurely from a heart or circulatory related illness. The charity produces publications, videos and other materials to inform people about how to improve the health of their heart through public information campaigns, advertising and the media.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
For more information on the Help a Heart Grant programme visit www.bhf.org.uk/helpaheartgrant or call 020 7554 0426.