Fun runners get under starter’s ‘roarders’
- Credit: Archant
Entries now open for Barnstaple Lions Club’s Three Bridges run.
FUN runners are being invited to sign up for Barnstaple Lions Club’s Three Bridges Fun Run, which is making a return after a year off.
The event, first held in 2007 to celebrate the opening of the Taw Bridge, is back for its sixth year on Sunday, May 5.
Runners will get under starter’s orders at Rock Park at 12noon and complete a 5.5km circular route that crosses the Taw and Longbridge, as well as a bridge at Rolle Quay.
Lions secretary Andy Shiner said: “We took the difficult decision to cancel three weeks before last year’s event because we didn’t have enough entries.
“There was so much going on last year what with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee but we hope people will get involved in this year’s event.
“We are encouraging people to wear fancy dress this year and we hope it will be another great chance for runners of all abilities to enjoy a beautiful route on a sunny spring morning.”
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
The event is being held to raise money for North Devon Hospice. Emma Lowe, from the hospice’s fundraising team, said: “This will appeal to serious runners who might look to set a quick time, as well as first-timers and fun runners who might not have run 5km before.
“Either way, it will be a great occasion and will raise money for a very worthy cause.”
Entry is £8, or £25 for a family of four. For more information or to register, visit www.threebridgesfunrun.org.uk