Fun runners get under starter’s ‘roarders’
- Credit: Archant
Entries now open for Barnstaple Lions Club’s Three Bridges run.
FUN runners are being invited to sign up for Barnstaple Lions Club’s Three Bridges Fun Run, which is making a return after a year off.
The event, first held in 2007 to celebrate the opening of the Taw Bridge, is back for its sixth year on Sunday, May 5.
Runners will get under starter’s orders at Rock Park at 12noon and complete a 5.5km circular route that crosses the Taw and Longbridge, as well as a bridge at Rolle Quay.
Lions secretary Andy Shiner said: “We took the difficult decision to cancel three weeks before last year’s event because we didn’t have enough entries.
You may also want to watch:
“There was so much going on last year what with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee but we hope people will get involved in this year’s event.
“We are encouraging people to wear fancy dress this year and we hope it will be another great chance for runners of all abilities to enjoy a beautiful route on a sunny spring morning.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The event is being held to raise money for North Devon Hospice. Emma Lowe, from the hospice’s fundraising team, said: “This will appeal to serious runners who might look to set a quick time, as well as first-timers and fun runners who might not have run 5km before.
“Either way, it will be a great occasion and will raise money for a very worthy cause.”
Entry is £8, or £25 for a family of four. For more information or to register, visit www.threebridgesfunrun.org.uk