Fun for all at West Down next Sunday
A feast of fun and activities from dancing dogs to live music and even psychics will be on offer on Sunday, August 16 at West Down, near Ilfracombe. The Family Fun Day is being hosted by West Down Pre-school at the school field in the village, with plenty
A feast of fun and activities from dancing dogs to live music and even psychics will be on offer on Sunday, August 16 at West Down, near Ilfracombe.
The Family Fun Day is being hosted by West Down Pre-school at the school field in the village, with plenty of parking and runs from 1-6pm, with live music, entertainment, demonstrations and displays throughout.
Music is being provided by Harry Houseago the hottest teenage sensation from London and a regular visitor to North Devon, as well as local band Country Roads.
Dancing and agility dogs from Devon Unleashed will be showing off their skills, as will Ilfracombe Majorettes, Braunton Karate Club and Scatty Cat's Drama Club plus a dancing display by the Rebecca Varley School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a dancing display by miniature horses and even a touch of mystery with psychics on hand during the afternoon to offer card and palm readings.
A pet show is being judged by Diana Lewis from North Devon Animal Ambulance and there is a fancy dress competition, as well as a beat the goalie contest, have-a-go archery, pony rides, bouncy castle, soft play area, animal petting corner and demonstration visits by local emergency services.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
A range of stalls will be offering gifts and local produce, as well as a tombola and raffle, plus of course the traditional barbecue and cream tea, without which no event would be complete, while Ilfracombe Charity TLC is providing a disco.
"We are really hoping both local people and visitors to the area will come and enjoy our Family Fun Day," said organisers Natasha Turney and Emily Adams.
"We are indebted to a large number of local businesses for their kind donations of produce and prizes to give away on the day.