Fun, food, music and more with Sea Ilfracombe 2013
- Credit: Archant
A festival of all things maritime sails back to North Devon this weekend with the return of the Sea Ilfracombe Festival.
From Friday through to Sunday there will be a huge range of entertainment and activities for all ages to enjoy, from children’s fun, fishing and live music to food trails, rock pool rambles and the chance to get out on the water.
It’s Pirate Day at Ilfracombe Museum on Friday with children’s craft activities from 10am, plus a Visual Arts Extravaganza at the Landmark Pavilion from 2pm.
On Friday night there’s a Maritime Party onboard the Oldenburg at the harbour, and the entertainment continues through Saturday and Sunday with music galore from numerous local and visiting performers at venues along the seafront and harbour area.
Pilot gig rowing, lifeboat trips, a fun Sunday fishing competition, guided coastal rambles, model boating and watching Sunday’s Y-Sail Race are among the many other activities on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Food fans will be spoilt for choice with the Fore Street Fish Festival, a Crab Day at the Yacht Club and a Gourmet Restaurant Trail among the mouth-watering offerings. Plus traditional Devonshire Cream Teas with fresh strawberries at Larkstone Gardens.
On Saturday, Ilfracombe Aquarium and Coastwise will be guiding a Rock Pool Rambles, Ticklish Allsorts will be entertaining in the afternoon, and on Sunday morning running a creative workshop at the Landmark Pavilion, as well as Punch & Judy on Sunday afternoon. Sunday also sees a Pirate Fun Day in Bicclescombe Park at which Ticklish Allsorts will also be in evidence.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
For the full line up and more information go www.seailfracombe.co.uk.