Full speed ahead for Barnstaple fast food restaurant
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald s restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday. The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald's restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday.
The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David Hunt.
It is one of the first in the South West to be given the re-image, a new look being rolled out in McDonald's restaurants throughout Europe.
The new-look branch has been extended to boost seating from 76 to 107, while an outside patio area seats 56.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant is also one of the first to benefit from a new computerised Customer Order Display system, meaning staff will be able to serve even more drive-through customers.
"Our record number of drive through orders is 109 in an hour which is a remarkable number in itself. But the new system will help us to serve around 144 drive through customers an hour, on top of the customers we serve in the restaurant itself," said Mr Hunt.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple
"I'm really excited about the new-look restaurant and I'm sure that our customers are going to love it.
"The Barnstaple restaurant is certainly one of the first in the South West to receive the new make-over; it's a fantastic modern look and it means we can be faster and more efficient and make the McDonald's experience even better for customers."
Mr Hunt, who holds the franchise for five local restaurants, said he planned to refurbish his Roundswell branch by 2011.
"I'm planning to do Taunton and Minehead by 2010 and Tiverton and Roundswell by 2011," he said.