Full speed ahead for Barnstaple fast food restaurant
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald s restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday. The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald's restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday.
The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David Hunt.
It is one of the first in the South West to be given the re-image, a new look being rolled out in McDonald's restaurants throughout Europe.
The new-look branch has been extended to boost seating from 76 to 107, while an outside patio area seats 56.
The restaurant is also one of the first to benefit from a new computerised Customer Order Display system, meaning staff will be able to serve even more drive-through customers.
"Our record number of drive through orders is 109 in an hour which is a remarkable number in itself. But the new system will help us to serve around 144 drive through customers an hour, on top of the customers we serve in the restaurant itself," said Mr Hunt.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 10 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
"I'm really excited about the new-look restaurant and I'm sure that our customers are going to love it.
"The Barnstaple restaurant is certainly one of the first in the South West to receive the new make-over; it's a fantastic modern look and it means we can be faster and more efficient and make the McDonald's experience even better for customers."
Mr Hunt, who holds the franchise for five local restaurants, said he planned to refurbish his Roundswell branch by 2011.
"I'm planning to do Taunton and Minehead by 2010 and Tiverton and Roundswell by 2011," he said.