Full speed ahead for Barnstaple fast food restaurant
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald s restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday. The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David
FAST food is set to become even faster when a new-look McDonald's restaurant opens its doors in Barnstaple on Friday.
The Eastern Avenue restaurant, which first opened for business in 1992, has been given a four-week �420,000 make-over by franchisee David Hunt.
It is one of the first in the South West to be given the re-image, a new look being rolled out in McDonald's restaurants throughout Europe.
The new-look branch has been extended to boost seating from 76 to 107, while an outside patio area seats 56.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant is also one of the first to benefit from a new computerised Customer Order Display system, meaning staff will be able to serve even more drive-through customers.
"Our record number of drive through orders is 109 in an hour which is a remarkable number in itself. But the new system will help us to serve around 144 drive through customers an hour, on top of the customers we serve in the restaurant itself," said Mr Hunt.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
"I'm really excited about the new-look restaurant and I'm sure that our customers are going to love it.
"The Barnstaple restaurant is certainly one of the first in the South West to receive the new make-over; it's a fantastic modern look and it means we can be faster and more efficient and make the McDonald's experience even better for customers."
Mr Hunt, who holds the franchise for five local restaurants, said he planned to refurbish his Roundswell branch by 2011.
"I'm planning to do Taunton and Minehead by 2010 and Tiverton and Roundswell by 2011," he said.