Friends ride for cancer research
Pair finish the course despite the weather
NEVER mind the weather, two Bideford men defied the rain to complete a 45-mile charity bike ride along the Tarka Trail and hope to have raised �500 for Cancer Research.
Artist Luke Whitmore, 30, was joined by his friend Billy Oliver, also 30,
who now lives in Bristol. The pair teamed up to ride from Bideford to Meeth and back, on to Fremington and back again to Bideford.
They had intended to take part in the Bristol Run charity bike ride, but when the weather and an accident caused this to be cancelled, Billy agreed to come back to Bideford for an event of their own.
You may also want to watch:
They were determined to complete their ride and to raise funds for the charity as his mother and an uncle had both suffered with cancer, said Luke.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects