Friends ride for cancer research
Pair finish the course despite the weather
NEVER mind the weather, two Bideford men defied the rain to complete a 45-mile charity bike ride along the Tarka Trail and hope to have raised �500 for Cancer Research.
Artist Luke Whitmore, 30, was joined by his friend Billy Oliver, also 30,
who now lives in Bristol. The pair teamed up to ride from Bideford to Meeth and back, on to Fremington and back again to Bideford.
They had intended to take part in the Bristol Run charity bike ride, but when the weather and an accident caused this to be cancelled, Billy agreed to come back to Bideford for an event of their own.
You may also want to watch:
They were determined to complete their ride and to raise funds for the charity as his mother and an uncle had both suffered with cancer, said Luke.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home