Friends of Bideford Hospital receive £30,000
- Credit: Archant
A legacy left to Bideford Hospital will help fund equipment for a new eye clinic.
The Friends of Bideford Hospital have been presented with a £30,000 donation.
A bequest from the late Annie Weeks was presented to the group by her nephew Jim Weeks and her niece Penny Hoyle at the Friends’ annual general meeting.
The money will be used to purchase equipment for the eye clinic at Bideford Hospital, which is hoped to reduce the waiting lists for patients, as well as a sonograph for the X-ray department.
Yvonne Taylor, chairman of the Friends of Bideford Hospital, said: “We are very grateful to the Weeks family for this bequest, and can assure them that the elderly patients of Bideford Hospital will benefit.”
You may also want to watch:
The group helps purchase equipment for the comfort of patients.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon