Friends celebrate milestone birthdays in Westward Ho! home
- Credit: Archant
Two friends at Golden Sands residential home celebrate 102nd and 103rd birthdays this month.
Two residents at Golden Sands residential home in Westward Ho! are celebrating milestone birthdays.
Jessie Prentice turned 103 yesterday (Monday), and friend Marjorie Walton will be celebrating her 102nd birthday on February 21.
Jessie, who featured in the Gazette on her 100th birthday, has three children, five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
She was born in Kent and married to George, who died suddenly on Jessie’s 55th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Marjorie was born in Norfolk and has five sisters and three brothers.
She married her husband Lesley when she was 52, and they had no children.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
During the Second World War she worked for the Government.
The two friends will celebrate the occasions with separate birthday parties with their families.