Fremington clean up blitz
Parish council organising month long community blitz on littering and dog fouling.
A month long blitz on litter and dog fouling is to take place in Fremington this autumn.
Through its Eco Warriors scheme, the parish council will be working with community volunteers across the parish.
It begins on Wednesday, September 25 with a Dogs Owners’ Awareness Day, as volunteers and councillors, with the support of North Devon Council, will be handing out free doggy bags and leaflets.
These will have maps showing most of the 35 dog waste bins in the parish and advising on potential health risks of dog faeces.
You may also want to watch:
Doggy bags are available from the parish office. Voluntary donations are welcomed towards the purchase of further supplies.
The blitz continues with a community litter pick at Roundswell and Bickington on Saturday, September 28, meeting at Tews Lane car park at 10am.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
On Sunday, October 5 there will be another litter pick at Fremington Quay, meeting at the bottom car park at 10am. A third will be held along the Tarka Trail and footpaths near Yelland– meet on the power station road at 10am.
Volunteers are invited to join the Dog Awareness Day and other events. The council also has high visibility tabards and litter picks to suit most ages and sizes, freely available for community groups, schools and volunteers to borrow. Contact the clerk at the council offices Monday to Friday between 9am and 1pm, on 01271 321063.