Fremington church to appoint families' co-ordinator
MEMBERS of St Peter s Church, Fremington, are hoping to appoint a full-time paid children and families co-ordinator to work in both the church and the wider community. Over recent years the church has done a lot to establish positive links in Fremingt
MEMBERS of St Peter's Church, Fremington, are hoping to appoint a full-time paid children and families' co-ordinator to work in both the church and the wider community.
Over recent years the church has done a lot to establish positive links in Fremington with children, young people and their families.
There are groups covering the age range from 0 to 18. A full-time youth worker was employed, but he has now moved away.
The Vicar of Fremington, the Rev Paul Hockey, said the church had re-shaped the job, which was now being advertised both locally and nationally.
You may also want to watch:
It was hoped that the new appointment would strengthen and develop the links already established.
"The project is going to cost the church around �25,000 a year, and so it is hoped that some grant-funding can be found in addition to lots of local fund-raising events," Mr Hockey said.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
"A key part of the new post will be to recruit and train volunteers to help with the various youth groups. This is a really exciting project and we are getting a lot of interest and support from people of all ages in our church and local community."
Anyone interested in the post can call Mr Hockey on (01271) 373879 for an information pack.