Fremington church to appoint families' co-ordinator
MEMBERS of St Peter s Church, Fremington, are hoping to appoint a full-time paid children and families co-ordinator to work in both the church and the wider community. Over recent years the church has done a lot to establish positive links in Fremingt
MEMBERS of St Peter's Church, Fremington, are hoping to appoint a full-time paid children and families' co-ordinator to work in both the church and the wider community.
Over recent years the church has done a lot to establish positive links in Fremington with children, young people and their families.
There are groups covering the age range from 0 to 18. A full-time youth worker was employed, but he has now moved away.
The Vicar of Fremington, the Rev Paul Hockey, said the church had re-shaped the job, which was now being advertised both locally and nationally.
You may also want to watch:
It was hoped that the new appointment would strengthen and develop the links already established.
"The project is going to cost the church around �25,000 a year, and so it is hoped that some grant-funding can be found in addition to lots of local fund-raising events," Mr Hockey said.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
"A key part of the new post will be to recruit and train volunteers to help with the various youth groups. This is a really exciting project and we are getting a lot of interest and support from people of all ages in our church and local community."
Anyone interested in the post can call Mr Hockey on (01271) 373879 for an information pack.