Couple’s cross-continental rally raises cash for Animal Ambulance
- Credit: Contributed
A North Devon couple’s rally across Europe has raised more than £1,000 for North Devon Animal Ambulance.
Lance and Marie Ginns took on the Two Ball Rally across Europe in August, travelling 3,000 miles through seven countries over the course of four days.
The couple, who run Freelance Motors in Chivenor Business Park, raised a total of £1,105 thanks to some generous support from more than 20 businesses in the business park and beyond.
Marie said: "We were given the opportunity to support a charity of our choice. Being such animal lovers, we chose somewhere close to our hearts which was North Devon Animal Ambulance.
"We then offered the local businesses of Chivenor Business Park to purchase advertising space on our car. Andrew Ponsford of AP Signs Braunton kindly offered to make and apply all the signs for free on our vehicle as long as all the money went to our chosen charity."
You may also want to watch:
The journey started in St Omer in France. Team Freelance took their bargain vehicle through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Monaco before returning to France.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park