Couple’s cross-continental rally raises cash for Animal Ambulance
- Credit: Contributed
A North Devon couple’s rally across Europe has raised more than £1,000 for North Devon Animal Ambulance.
Lance and Marie Ginns took on the Two Ball Rally across Europe in August, travelling 3,000 miles through seven countries over the course of four days.
The couple, who run Freelance Motors in Chivenor Business Park, raised a total of £1,105 thanks to some generous support from more than 20 businesses in the business park and beyond.
Marie said: "We were given the opportunity to support a charity of our choice. Being such animal lovers, we chose somewhere close to our hearts which was North Devon Animal Ambulance.
"We then offered the local businesses of Chivenor Business Park to purchase advertising space on our car. Andrew Ponsford of AP Signs Braunton kindly offered to make and apply all the signs for free on our vehicle as long as all the money went to our chosen charity."
You may also want to watch:
The journey started in St Omer in France. Team Freelance took their bargain vehicle through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Monaco before returning to France.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses