Freed by firefighters
I am the husband of the lady who was locked in our car in Victoria Park on Monday.
The lads and lassies from Bideford fire station were quick on the scene, and totally considerate of what was fast becoming an embarrassing and disturbing situation.
The problem was that there was a fault with the ignition which caused all windows and doors to deadlock!
My wife was in the car unable to help, while I stood outside with two dripping ice cream cornets, likewise helpless.
It was quickly decided that a window must be broken for access, which a fireman was able to do.
You may also want to watch:
He then managed to reach the keys and turn the ignition on, which cleared the lock up.
The moral: always carry a spare key in your pocket.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Our sincere thanks to all concerned who got us out of trouble.