Freed by firefighters
I am the husband of the lady who was locked in our car in Victoria Park on Monday.
The lads and lassies from Bideford fire station were quick on the scene, and totally considerate of what was fast becoming an embarrassing and disturbing situation.
The problem was that there was a fault with the ignition which caused all windows and doors to deadlock!
My wife was in the car unable to help, while I stood outside with two dripping ice cream cornets, likewise helpless.
It was quickly decided that a window must be broken for access, which a fireman was able to do.
You may also want to watch:
He then managed to reach the keys and turn the ignition on, which cleared the lock up.
The moral: always carry a spare key in your pocket.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Our sincere thanks to all concerned who got us out of trouble.