Freed by firefighters

I am the husband of the lady who was locked in our car in Victoria Park on Monday.

The lads and lassies from Bideford fire station were quick on the scene, and totally considerate of what was fast becoming an embarrassing and disturbing situation.

The problem was that there was a fault with the ignition which caused all windows and doors to deadlock!

My wife was in the car unable to help, while I stood outside with two dripping ice cream cornets, likewise helpless.

It was quickly decided that a window must be broken for access, which a fireman was able to do.


You may also want to watch:


He then managed to reach the keys and turn the ignition on, which cleared the lock up.

The moral: always carry a spare key in your pocket.

Most Read

Our sincere thanks to all concerned who got us out of trouble.

RD

(via email)

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter